Value Payment Systems’ Corporate Website
Value Payment Systems required a complete redesign of their corporate website with a focus on showcasing the company’s unique advantages to potential clients. This redesign was also part of a companywide rebranding featuring a new logo and color scheme.
- VPS was rebranding with a new logo and and their corporate site needed to effectively reflect the new look without confusing longtime partners and users
- The updated site needed to showcase new features of the company’s payment portal such as the digital wallet suite offering Apple Pay, Android Pay, MasterPass, etc.
- Because VPS is an online payment processor, a main concern was creating a site that instills confidence in the user entering their payment information
Adobe Illustrator CC (Wireframes and UI Design), Brackets (Coding)
- Numerous stakeholders with differing opinions on information hierarchy
- Incorporating the new brand identity in a way that would not confuse those already familiar with VPS
- Creating a website with specific partner based information that would still be accessible to everyday payment portal users who are scrutinizing the company for reliability
The first step was to research who was coming to the site and discovering how the site could more successfully solve their problem. Discussing the corporate website’s purpose with the marketing and sales teams was key to approaching the site’s design with a plan to effectively deliver a clear and useful message.
The bulk of visitors to the site are two groups of people: potential and/or existing clients, and users of the various payment portals. The content was presented in a way to serve both types of users.
To reflect an increase in the mobile device analytics of nearly all of VPS’s products, I chose to showcase imagery that focused on mobile users. Several modern images of users on-the-go were used to call attention to the addition of digital wallets in VPS products.
The new color scheme and updated appearance gave the site a more vibrant and current feel. A more modern appearance fit with VPS’s evolving approach to online payments. Numerous new digital wallet options had been added to VPS’s payment platform and were now a main focus of the redesigned website. Client requests for digital wallet options greatly increased after the website launched. I created a large rotating header section featuring some of the company’s blog articles detailing how VPS has aided clients in increasing their revenue. This was effective in quickly educating visitors on VPS’s low cost online payment solutions.